How to walk a dog? 5 important rules for a good walk from!
It is important not only how much you walk with the dog, but also how exactly your walks go. How to walk a dog?
- Learning to be interesting for a dog: engage with it using positive reinforcement, play, learn tricks (first at home, then on the street in a relaxed atmosphere, and then in different places). In this case, the dog will be more attentive to you, and walks will bring joy to both of you. Try to practice every walk, at least 5 to 10 minutes.
- It is better to leave the first 10 minutes and the last 10 minutes of walking on a calm walk, so that at first the dog concentrates on toilet matters, and in the end he calms down a little.
- Structure your walk, distribute the time between talking with other dogs, exercising with you and walking calmly.
- Control the dog’s attention. Praise your pet when he pays attention to you. At the same time, if the dog constantly walks at your foot, looking into your eyes, on the contrary, encourage him to sniff grass or trees and generally explore the world around him.
- Try not to be distracted by viewing Facebook feeds, long phone conversations and conversations with other dog owners. Nevertheless, a walk is a valuable opportunity to spend time with a four-legged friend, and it is important to use it to the maximum.
You can learn about what else a dog needs and how to teach her good behavior when walking on our video course on raising and training dogs with humane methods.