What are dog shows for and what are they for - tells
Almost every owner of a thoroughbred dog who is not indifferent to the fate of the breed, at least once in his life participated in exhibitions. And they should know what exactly awaits them.
The Belarusian Cynological Association (the main dog research organization of Belarus) has developed a regulation on exhibitions based on the FCI Rules - the International Cynological Federation. Everything is described in great detail there, but we will mention the main points.
Why dog shows are needed
- Assessment of the exterior of the dog: i.e. how much your pet fits into the breed standard.
- Demonstration of livestock level, identification and display of the best dogs: how much the genes of your four-legged friend can be useful in the development of the breed.
- The development and popularization of dog breeding in Belarus: people are like exhibitions, admire the dogs - you look, the next time they will run around the ring themselves.
- Encouragement of the best breeders and owners: everything is clear here, the most beautiful are the most delicious buns.
What are dog shows
- International (CACIB).
- Republican (CAC).
- Regional (САС).
- Tribal (not certified).
Dogs are subjected to "discrimination" - they are divided not only by breed, but also by age and gender. This is how classes are formed.
- Baby: 3 to 6 months.
- Puppies: 6 to 9 months.
- Juniors: 9 to 18 months.
- Middle: 15 to 24 months.
- Open: from 15 months.
- Working: from 15 months for dogs with testing diplomas, OKD + ZKS, or IPO, for hunting breeds - a diploma in field tests for the main type of game.
- Winner Class: from 15 months for dogs with at least 1 CAC certificate or titles Young Champion of Belarus, Young Champion of breed, Champion of breed, Champion of a country recognized by FCI
- Champion class: from 15 months for dogs with the title "Champion".
- Veteran Class: for dogs over 8 years old.
The age of the dog is determined on the day of the exhibition.